Sunday 9 November 2008

New Job. New Shoes. New Blog.

Did you think I had forgotten about this page again? Never. Although admittedly I have been pretty terrible at updating this thing. So a couple of things worth writing about, firstly a new blog I have just started - Lunch Hour Doodles. I figured wasting an entire 60 minutes between 1-2pm during my working week is a crime and I should do something in this time other than window shopping. The inspiration sparked from another great blog up on the internets, rather than drawing on lunch bags though I will spend ten minutes or so doodling in a sketchpad and post it online daily. Now, this can go one of two ways. I come to realisation that in my ripe old age of twenty I have lost all creative imagination after drawing 30 consecutive pages of myself throwing up, or I will draw something fairly interesting every day that I can look back at one day and think "wow I really am crap at drawing". It's a lose-lose situation but I'm still going ahead with it. 

Remember that Photoshop tutorial I was doing? It paid off. I have just been offered my third job with my wonderful employer Explore, this time as a 'Marketing Services Media Executive'. Being an adventure travel company, it is important for Explore to have the best images to market their product... that's where I will come in. I will be tweaking photos in Photoshop, maintaining camera equipment, giving photo briefs for training trips, looking after the massive image library and fulfilling various other marketing/media duties. I'm really excited and happy to be starting this role, although to my disappointment that won't be until January. Still, it's a wait worth sticking out because this job will really put my career on the path I want it to. 

No comments: