Monday 28 September 2009

I like toys


Awaking at 7am on a Saturday morning is not pleasant. At least it made the weekend feel longer. After taking 500 photos of people in Gorilla suits running through London, I headed to the very busy Oxford Circus tube station to meet the world famous Steve Hogarty. We headed down Regent Street to find playlounge, a small, bustling and colourful toy shop that had been begging me to come visit for some time. I love designer toys, but they do make my bank account groan, so I purchased a very sensible total of four toys. One Droplet by Crazy Label and three Cactus Pups by Tokidoki. See that little grey monkey up there? See his cute face? Well he's also wearing a nappy which multiplies his cuteness by at least tenfold.

My toy buying spree did not end there. That evening I went to Doc18's Toy Boot Sale Blog and bought one of his Gloomy Dunnys, it will look especially nice with the three small gatchapon Gloomys sitting on my desk at work. Today I ordered Nendoroid Yoko and Danboard Amazon Box from Amazon Japan which should be waiting for me when I arrive in Tokyo later this week.

Oh yes, Tokyo, I forgot to tell you. I'm attending a wedding and will be in Tokyo for 10 days. I'm hoping to stop by Book Off in Tama, the Pokemon Center in Hamamatsuchō, some Otaku toy stores and the fabled Super Potato in Akihabara and of course stop by my favourite Curry Udon place in Shibuya. I'll hope to blog at least once while I'm out there but knowing me I'll be too busy catching up on my sleep.

I didn't expect to write this much, I only wanted to show you the photo of my new toys. Oh well, makes up for the months of silence on here I suppose.

No comments: